Solutions in Connectivity
Select the Cambium PTP 500 Series, with advanced features, to provide an excellent high speed wireless return network. Connect buildings around a campus. Extend video monitoring beyond the infrastructure of the wired area. Provide compatibility with applications that require intensive broadband such as voice over IP, telemedicine, IP games and multimedia.
PTP 500 Series bridges can offer 99.999% availability in virtually any environment, including those that are not in sight, or that are distant, on water or in open terrain, and even in extreme weather conditions. They are available in integrated and connectorized models, and operate in RF bands of 5.4 and 5.8 GHz at speeds up to 105 Mbps.
Greater reach to anywhere PTP 500 Series connections have first-class sensitivity and output power that allows links to reach further than analog systems: up to 155 miles (250 km).
More channels Motorola combines MIMO, i-OFDM and our most advanced signal processing algorithms to create four simultaneous channels between pairs of transceivers at each end of the link, without losing spectrum effectiveness.
Choice and flexibility PTP 500 Series bridges are available in several models to meet your individual requirements:
• Integrated 5.4 and 5.8 GHz: operate at an Ethernet data rate of up to 105 Mbps with built-in dual antennas for environments full of obstacles and high interference, where the main requirement is high processing.
• Connectors of 5.4 and 5.8 GHz: these models combine the technology of integrated versions. Furthermore, they have the advantage of having external antennas. Over long distances and in very harsh environments, including deep environments that are not visible, these solutions allow you to connect over a longer distance and at a higher level of reliability and speed than with analog wireless bridges. The new software version 03-02 enables a new cable assembly for Port E1 / T1 for implementation without additional license, using a 'Splitter' installed near the PIDU Plus, which saves time and the cost of climbing to the tower.
• iDFS extends the region with radar detection enabled, and selects the channel with the least interference to increase the link capacity.
• Robust security with exclusive decryption and optional FIPS-197 protocol compliance with 128/256-bit AES encryption
Integrated lightning protection No external lightning protection is required at the top of the tower near the radio station. You need a PTP lightning protection unit (PTP-LPU) at the cable entry point that goes to the internal network equipment. (Consider that this does not imply 100% protection, which, furthermore, would not be possible).
Authorization note The 5.4 GHz version of this device was not authorized by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) normative instructions. This device cannot be offered for sale, rent, nor can it be sold or rented in the United States until authorization is obtained.
• 5.725 GHz – 5,850 GHz RF Band (Region Code 1) * / 5,470 GHz – 5,725 GHz *
• Channel size 15 MHz
• Channel selection By Intelligent Dynamic Frequency Selection (i-DFS, in English) or manual intervention; automatic selection at the beginning and continuous adaptation to avoid interference.
• Transmission power Varies between -18 dBm and 27 dBm according to modulation and configuration mode
• Integrated system gain: varies according to modulation mode; up to 167 dB using integrated 23 dBi antenna ** / Connectorized: Varies depending on modulation mode and antenna type **
• Adaptive receiver sensitivity: varies between -94 and -69 dBm
• Dynamic Modulation: adapts between single BPSK and 64 dual QAM
• FEC error correction
• 5.4 GHz duplex scheme. Fixed symmetric TDD; identical Tx / Rx frequency / 5.8 GHz: fixed symmetric TDD; Tx / Rx of identical or split frequency, whenever allowed by the standard
• Antenna: Type / gain / B / W Integrated: 23 dBi / 8º plate / Connectorized: Approved to operate with a series of polar singles and dual antennas of 2 type N female connectors sold separately (it is recommended to check local regulations before purchasing antennas)
• Range up to 155 miles (250 km) ***